The Consultant position is an excellent opportunity for registered nurses and other healthcare professionals working in the renal settings to collaborate by sharing their expertise in an open, efficient and structured manner. Currently we have EDTNA/ERCA Consultants to address the following areas: CKD, Education, Haemodialysis, Nutrition, Paediatric Nephrology, Peritoneal Dialysis, Psychological Care, as well as Quality and Environmental.
CKD CONSULTANTChrysanthi Avrami
- To support renal nurses who are involved in caring for adult patients with CKD
- To raise awareness on the importance of prevention of disease progression among patients with CKD
- To promote research and projects in management of CKD
- To increase renal nurses' knowledge about CKD via update educational tools
- To collaborate with other professionals in activities regarding new standards in CKD
EDUCATION CONSULTANTJohn Sedgewick
- To collaborate with experts within EDTNA/ERCA & consultant groups in developing educational projects.
- To contribute to the development of educational strategy in collaboration with other experts within EDTNA/ERCA.
- To develop educational processes & curriculum development and enhance standards of educational provision.
- To develop flexible and contemporary approaches to education & training for members working in kidney care to enhance quality of patient care & service delivery.
- To collaborate with industry partners in developing & implementing individualised educational programmes.
- To advise on European policy & legislation pertaining to educational developments within Europe.
NUTRITION CONSULTANTKalliopi-Anna Poulia
- To promote the importance of renal nutrition and dietetics in the management and therapeutic care of patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD).
- To promote dietitians and nutrition advisors as key members of the multi-professional organization.
- To promote research in renal nutrition and dietetics.
- To collaborate with Education board on developing nutrition competencies standards across nursing and dietetic practices to provide the framework for improvement in clinical care.
- To develop patient-friendly educational tools and resources on nutrition for patients with CKD.
PAEDIATRIC NEPHROLOGY CONSULTANTTadeja Kokelj Jeršin
- To support nurses in specialized Paediatric Nephrology care by enhancing skills and providing knowledge.
- To promote the exchange of data within Paediatric Nephrology clinical practise.
- To connect nurses involved in Paediatric Nephrology treatment to advance the specialty.
- To collaborate with EDTNA/ERCA team in developing the best Paediatric Nephrology Nursing Care through communication, research and education.
- To formulate high-quality standards for Paediatric Nephrology nursing in-line with international guidelines.
PERITONEAL DIALYSIS CONSULTANTSotiroula Gliki
- To exchange data about peritoneal dialysis.
- To promote a greater understanding of peritoneal dialysis among kidney care professionals.
- To promote self-management in patients on peritoneal dialysis, a home-based treatment.
- To formulate standards for peritoneal dialysis training.
- To collaborate in research and education projects with other professionals in activities regarding self-management and pre-dialysis education.
PSYCHOLOGICAL CARE CONSULTANTMike Kelly
- Psychosocial assessment and ongoing evaluation.
- Coping with CKD and the Kidney Replacement Therapy implications.
- Resource referrals: Welfare benefits and Governmental entitlements.
- Patient education and adherence improvement.
- Conflict resolution and mediation.
- End of life issues and Bereavement.
- Advocate patients with kidney disease special needs on policy level.
- Quality Standards of renal social work.
TRANSPLANT CONSULTANTNaceur Chouayet
- To raise awareness on the importance of organ donation and transplantation.
- To promote research and project in the organ donation and transplantation.
- To promote knowledge of nurses in the transplant field.
- To collaborate with other EDTNA/ERCA experts to promote nursing renal knowledge.
- To participate in formulating and updating transplant policies and protocols.
QUALITY AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTANTJitka Pancirova
- To promote the importance of quality and environmental management in kidney care.
- To bring quality insight into the Association’s activities and work on continuous improvement.
- To implement green strategies within the Association.
- To develop educational materials promoting sustainability in kidney care.
- To collaborate with other experts and stakeholders within the nephrology community and promote environmentally friendly approach.
- To coordinate the Green Excellence in Dialysis Project and introduce Green recommendations to the multidisciplinary renal team.